Did you know that CCC hauls PODS? We don’t pick up from individual home sites, but we do transport the PODS between regional depots. As we approach the summer, we’re gearing up for a busy season of helping college students and other movers in search of non-traditional (and oftentimes less expensive) alternatives to the usual moving van.
What does “PODS” mean?
PODS stands for “portable on-demand storage.” In general, these storage units come in various sizes, and they are a great way to simplify moving dry bulk goods from one place to another.
How does it work?
The unit will be delivered to your current residence. You load items into the unit yourself, and a pick-up date is scheduled. From there, you simply wait for your belongings to arrive at your new location. Storage is also offered for those who are unsure of the final destination. When your unit does arrive, though, you can unload your belongings and schedule a time for the unit to be taken away.
What are some of the benefits of using a PODS unit?
- Convenience – Because you choose the drop-off and pick-up times, you can pack and load at your own pace. There is no rush to get a moving truck back within the usual 24-hours, and you won’t get charged extra fees for taking longer than you had anticipated.
- Easy to Load – Since you are not loading directly onto a truck, you won’t have to struggle with ramps and awkwardly trying to lift heavy furniture. It’s as easy as moving things from one room to another.
- Variety – There are several different sizes to suit your needs. Whether you are moving your entire home, or just moving out of a college dorm, there is a PODS unit for you. If you have a significantly larger load, multiple PODS can be shipped together to make your move easier.
- Peace of Mind – Often, when a moving company takes your things away, there is always a worry that your belongings will be damaged. However, PODS uses a special loading device that minimizes shifting inside your unit, which helps to avoid damage. Also, PODS are entrusted to the best drivers on the road, meaning you feel comfort knowing your PODS unit is safe
Who might want to try a PODS-style move?
- Long-Distance Movers – With normal truck rentals, you are not only responsible for driving and caring for the vehicle, but you are often charged a set amount for each mile you drive. This can mean a huge bill at the end of a long trip.
- Military Movers – Often, military personnel are given orders to move and not given a place of residence until they arrive. On most occasions, personal belongings need to be stored a home is acquired. PODS units make this easy, and determining the date and place of delivery can happen at your earliest convenience.
- College Students – Students move twice per year: once into the dorms in the fall, and once back home at the beginning of summer. Each time, you usually don’t have enough goods to warrant renting a large truck. But moving in your small car can be a bit troublesome. Instead, choose a PODS unit that suits your needs, and have the unit delivered to each location. Moving was never more simple.
It is also important to make sure that your trucking company is doing the best they can to ensure minimal shifting of your belongings. You trust them to care for your things as you would. CCC is a company dedicated to providing an exemplary service for those on the move. They are one of the safest, most expedient carriers in the country, and they will ensure that your move is easy, fast, and worry-free.