Communication and location-based technologies have developed rapidly in recent years, creating new efficiencies throughout the trucking industry. Having access to these technologies is becoming an absolute necessity to stay competitive, reduce costs and improve productivity.
Investing in the most up-to-date technologies for a private trucking fleet can be a big cost expense. You must invest in the initial products and then, over time, consistently upgrade. At the same time, you’ll need to stay knowledgeable about up-and-coming technologies and analyze potential benefits. However, businesses that rely on a full-service dedicated fleet are able to secure an important competitive and technological advantage. Fleet management and the integration of advanced, up-to-date fleet-based technology is handled for them every step of the way.
CCC Transportation is able to incorporate the newest, state-of-the art technology in our dedicated fleets that are customized to your specific needs. We design and implement technology systems to help you manage your business better. Below we outline some of the most useful and popular technologies that we provide for our dedicated fleets, but this is by no means a complete list. We’ll help you analyze your logistical needs in order to incorporate the right technology into your fleet.
Internet Based Access
- Location-based technologies can be accessed from anywhere with Internet access at any time. No programs need to be downloaded on a computer and upgrades are automatically installed and managed by CCC Transportation.
Real-Time GPS Vehicle Tracking
- Real-time tracking is one of the most popular tracking methods because of the immense benefit of having real-time information to make on-demand decisions.
- This technology will essentially put you in the passenger seat of every truck on your fleet at one time, at any moment in time. It’s possible to monitor drivers for speeding or excessive idling in order to save fuel costs. This tech can increase efficiency by allowing dispatchers to be able to see exactly where a truck is located in order to find the best route. At any time, you’ll know the exact location of every fleet truck, allowing dispatchers to effectively direct the closet truck to any job site.
Hand Held PDA
- Drivers tools that fit in the palm of their hands. They can enter information in real-time at the pickup or delivery location. This data is synchronized on the PDAs of dock personnel, enabling the team to be ready in advance of the freight arrival.
Real-Time Proof of Delivery
- Truck GPS tracking solutions can show data of when a truck arrived on a job and when it left, providing accurate and verifiable proof of delivery.
EDI Enabled Compatibility
- Eliminate paperwork with Electronic Data Interchange, which is computer-to-computer communication of business documents between companies. Receive orders from customers, advise customers of shipment status, and send electronic invoices. Our EDI system can be configured to deliver transmissions specifically tailored to each of your trading partners.
CCC provides proven and reliable dedicated fleet services with flexible terms. You’ll see the cost benefits of investing in a dedicated fleet solution within both the short-term and long-term. As technology continues to become more innovative for the trucking industry, we will be there to integrate the most up-to-date and innovative technologies for you.